Friday, September 16

School!

I've been loving Hogwarts so much I haven't even taken the time to sit down and write about everything that is going on.
The most exciting thing that happened was I was sorted! After we got here to Hogwarts, before the Welcoming feast all the first years lined up and were sorted into which house we'd live in while we're here. Each house has different characteristics they value; Hufflepuffs are nice and loyal, Gryffindors are brave and headstrong, Ravenclaws are smart and witty, and Slytherins like to be in charge.We each put a pointed hat on our heads which looked into our brains and decided what House we should be in. I was so nervous. When I sat down the hat noted reasons why I'd fit into most of the houses, but in the end he shouted RAVENCLAW for all the the people in the hall to hear! I'm hoping I can live up to all the studying I'll need to do to be a smart Ravenclaw. I've already met some new friends, there was another first year Ravenclaw girl named Mary that I got to talk to in the common room. She hadn't read Hogwarts: A History even though shes from a wizard family! I told her I was done with it and she could borrow it, it was a really interesting book and she'd like it. Its nice to have someone to sit next to in my classes and at meals with. I'll have to tell more about my new friend and classes some other time, I'm off to finish some homework for History of Magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment