Tuesday, January 10

Pen Pals

I've been back at Hogwarts for a few days now. The trip back with the floo powder was luckily uneventful. I tucked my new fairy doll deep in my bag so she'd stay safe and clean on the way back home. I didn't relieze how much I missed being here until I got back. Ravenclaw tower is starting to feel like home. Yesterday was the first day of classes and everything went well. I read quite a few of my textbooks over break, including my potions book. I worked on memorizing the steps for different potions to help me when I brew them. 
This morning a notice appeared on the board in the common room. I got quite excited and cast Gemino to have a copy to save for my journal:
Would You Like to Make New Friends?
Learn about another culture or even a new language?
Then sign up to be a Pen Pal!
Every interested Hogwarts’ student will matched up with a student from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic to correspond with.
Those interested please send an owl with your information to:
Morgana Ilmacoa
Beauxbatons Pen Pall Programme
Department of International Cooperation
                                                                                        
I sent off the Owl at lunchtime. I can’t wait to hear from my pen pal. I hope they’re nice. Anne is always encouraging me to learn French, and this will be good motivation I think. I didn’t even know there were other schools for magic, but now I’m off to the library to research and see what I can find out about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment