Monday, January 16

The First Letter

I got my pen pal. Her name is Gabrielle Montegue. I hope she likes me. I found a nice bit of parchment and my best quill and wrote her a letter.

Dear Gabrielle,
Bonjour! Hello is the only word I know in French, but hopefully you can help me learn more. My name is Emily, I’m 11 and attend Hogwarts here in England. I’m sorted into Ravenclaw house, we’re the smart bookish house. I love to read so it is a perfect fit for me. Charms is my favorite class, and Potions is my least favorite. I like the professor quite a bit, but I just don’t seem to have the knack for Potions, although I got a tutor and am practicing more often now.
In my free time I read, did I mention I love to read. I like all sorts of books, anything with a good story. I’m also starting to collect chocolate frog cards, I only have a few so far, but I think they’re really interesting.
I’m excited to write to you and learn all about your school. Write back soon!

Sincerely,
Emily Bennett

I went up to mail the letter this afternoon, and when the little brown owl saw me he pretended to be asleep. I went up and gave him some steak from lunch, and explained he only had to go to France, not America, and he took the letter and flew off. I hope he flies fast!  

No comments:

Post a Comment