Wednesday, February 8

A Letter!

I got a letter from Gabrielle today! It took her a while to write back to me, hopefully my owl didn't get lost. Here is the letter:
Dear Emily,
            Bonjour! Ca va? That is how you ask “How are you?” en Français! I am looking forward to get to know you more! I am also 11, and I attend Beauxbatons Academie de Magique. We do not have Houses here, our dormitories are sorted by age. I am in the Sixième ète, which is what you call the “First Year”. Our rooms are in the ground floor of our Palace. The older students get room on high levels, with the oldest students getting rooms with only one roommate in the towers. These rooms have lovely views and plenty of space to study. I can’t wait to get one of these rooms.
            My family and I live outside Paris, in an old maison that has been in my Father’s family for many generations. He is family have been wizards for very far back in our family tree. My mother is a muggle-born. Her and my father met at school, they are trés adorable, still in love. My mother loves to garden, and when we moved into the family house, she fell in love with the garden. It’s a lovely mixture of magical and non-magical plants. I love to cut roses from my mother’s garden and put them in vases for our dinner table. Working in the garden with my mother has been some of my favorite times. It is no surprise I love my Herbology classes.
            I better stop this letter here for now, I have much studying to work on. I hope you write back soon!
Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment