Thursday, October 6

Potions

I've been loving all my classes. There are so many interesting things to learn. Right now because I'm only in my first year, I have Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, History of Magic, Astronomy, Herbology, Defense Against the Dark Arts and Flying lessons. Charms is my favorite, it comes really easy for me. Charms is where we learn spells to perform with our wands. I've even been able to do a few of the spells from older students. I think potions is my least favorite right now. I feel like it should be easier, you just have to read the book and follow the instructions. I keep getting them wrong though. Yesterday while I was trying to make a Forgetfulness Potion, and  I almost melted my cauldron. Professor Slughorn said that sometimes it just takes practice and experience to get the ingredient amounts and steps correct. I know I just need more practice, but its hard to find time for that. I can't just sit in the library and brew potions, and I don't think they'd appreciate  the smell in the common room.
I think I'll just relax tonight and read my Astronomy book. Wizards know so many more things about the planets than the muggles do!

No comments:

Post a Comment