Monday, October 3

My birthday

Well, this weekend it was my birthday. I don't feel 11. I didn't really seem like my birthday, being at school and not at home. I was hoping I'd get a present from Elizabeth, or even just a card. I asked Professor Stearns, the Head of Ravenclaw house, if any packages had arrived for me, and he said they hadn't, but not to worry. He said since the owls are coming from so far away it might take awhile for them to get here. I'm sure Elizabeth didn't forget my birthday, I just hope I can hear from her soon.
I don't know how the other students knew it was my birthday, but at dinner they surprised me with presents. They each gave me a chocolate frog! I've never had one before, I was a little scared to buy any on the train to Hogwarts, because I thought they were really frogs. I've been assured they are just chocolate, shaped to look like frogs, no real frogs involved. They come with cards in the packet, with pictures of famous witches and wizards on them. The first one I opened was the card of Rowena Ravenclaw! She was the founder of Ravenclaw house! The other students said it was very appropriate I got her as my first card. I also got one of Albus Dumbledore, our Transfiguration professor! I turned out to be a pretty good birthday overall. There was strawberry tarts at dinner that night, which are my favorite. I ate two they were so good.
I'm still hoping for mail, but its nice to know I already have such good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment