Thursday, October 27

The little brown owl

I went up to the Owlry this morning. I wanted to thank the little brown owl who brought my package yesterday. It took him over a month to deliver it, I knew he must be tired. I brought him some sausage I got at breakfast, I thought he might enjoy a meal he didn't have to hunt for. By the time I made the long trip up the stairs to the Owlry, I was very tired, but I spotted him right away. He was sleeping peacefully on a low perch. I walked towards him but didn't want to wake him. When I started turning around he opened one eye and gave a hoot. I smiled and patted his head and fed him the sausage. He gave me another little hoot which sounded grateful and went back to sleep.
On my way back I stopped at the top of the stairs to admire the view, I could see over the tops of the trees of the Forbidden Forest. They were beautiful, all various colors of yellows, reds, and oranges. I also saw some creature flying over the forest. It looked like some sort of black horse. I didn't recognize what it was, I'll have to look it up in the library later.

No comments:

Post a Comment