Tuesday, December 20

Christmas!

I have been trying to work on Christmas gift in my free time between studying and classes. It has been a little more difficult than I imagined. I wanted to give something to Selene for all the help she’s given me, and I figured what would be better than a potion! She’s been very busy studying for her OWL exams at the end of the year, so I thought she might like a Draught of Peace. Taking it gives the user a sense of relaxation and peace, and can help them through stressful times. Its towards the back of our book, so it is very difficult, but I’m just going to take my time and be very careful.
I already have my presents for Anne and Elliot chosen. I’m going to get an assortment of wizard candy and sweets to take home and enjoy on Christmas day. All three of us are rather fond of sweets and desserts. I gave some of my pocket money to one of the older students, and he’s going to pick me out some things from Honeyduke’s Sweet Shoppe.
Some of the other students and I have been trying to figure out how to use magic to make some of our presents. I found useful spell to turn mushrooms into pincushions, and it only took my two tries to get a pincushion that wasn’t rubbery and free of the mushroom’s spots. Anne loves to sew, so I think she’ll like this for her sewing table. For Elliot I found an old hat in the Lost and Found box, and with the help of a book called “Magical Fashion” from the library I was able to make it look brand new, and even add a smart colored band and a little owl feather. I really hope they like their presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment