Tuesday, December 27

Decorating for Christmas

December 22nd


They started decorating for Christmas today! They’ve been bringing in very large pine trees and putting them in the Great Hall. One of the older students said each one would be decorated differently. The one they decorated first was covered in glittering snowflakes made of ice, but they didn’t melt! I can’t wait to see what the rest look like.
I’m also looking forward to going home! Professor Dumbledore said that they would be connecting one of the school fireplaces to mine just for one day to take me home for Christmas, and one for me to come back to school, allowing me to travel by Floo Powder. I have been missing Elizabeth so much, and am looking forward to seeing her and Adam and having a nice Christmas break. Also Professor Dumbledore told me a secret. Students are not supposed to do magic outside of school, but that while I’m in the United States, there will be no way for the Ministry to know if I’ve done magic. He said I should be careful and use the upmost care, but he also winked so I think he knows I’d like to show Elizabeth what I’ve learned. I’ll just have to be careful to make sure it is only when we are alone at home, I don’t want anyone to see by mistake!

No comments:

Post a Comment