Sunday, December 18

Quidditch!

Ravenclaw played its first Quidditch match today! It was our team versus Slytherin! I wore my scarf Anne made me to the match, to help show my support but also because it was very cold. We all left for the Quidditch pitch shortly after breakfast, and all the Ravenclaw’s gathered in the stands under a very large blue and bronze banner with our eagle crest on it. Luckily, there was already a match, Hufflepuff versus Gryffindor, early this month, so I understood the basics of the game already, and was able to pay attention better. Slytherin’s team has a tendency to play dirty, but I was hoping we’d make up for it in skill. It was a very exciting game, our Chasers kept a hold of the quaffle for a good part of the game, even though the Slytherin Chasers kept throwing elbows which are a foul. We had a really quick Seeker, and it only took her forty-five minutes to find then Snitch! We won, we had a big party in the common room tonight. Lots of butterbeer and candy from Honeydukes! It’s a big deal to beat Slytherin, and I hope we can beat the other Houses too!

No comments:

Post a Comment