Tuesday, December 27

My holiday break.

I have a lot of posting to do to catch up from the holidays, so I'll start with some things that happened before Christmas.

December 21st

The Draught of Peace came out great! It took me all of today to make. I hid away in one of the unused classrooms, and my friend Susan brought lunch to me. Luckily chicken soup and turkey sandwiches were served, so I didn’t make a lot of mess eating. When it was done, we both agreed the potion smelled lovely, like lavender and chamoille. Just the smell of it was relaxing. The book said the potion would be made correctly when it was a faint blue color, like a spring sky. It looked right to me, so we bottled it in a pretty crystal vial I’d been saving and tied a ribbon around it to make it festive. After I cleaned up my potion ingredients and cauldron we went up to the common room to give it to Selene. She loved it! She thought it was a very thoughtful gift, and she said it looked I made it perfectly. She told me that the potion itself was a nice gift, but she was very proud of me for trying such a difficult potion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment